We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you provide us with your data, or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for our newsletters or register your interest in our services, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name and contact details including email address and phone number(s). If you register for or purchase something on our web sites, we may collect additional contact information including details of what you bought.
We do not collect or process payment information; where on-line payment options are provided, these are undertaken by reputable, trust-worthy and internationally recognised financial companies who are fully compliant with EU data regulations.
2. We also get technical information when you use our web sites & newsletters
Whenever you use any website, mobile application or other internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use our web site, mobile apps or newsletters. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use our web site, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used the web site, app or newsletter, and device data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the type of device you’re using to access our web sites and read our blogs and newsletters, including type of device and operating system, which may help us improve the service we provide. Whether we collect this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
What we do with the information we collect:
We use the information we collect to provide the Service to you. We commit to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. In order to do that, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
- Identify you when you use our web sites, and process your transactions.
- Recommend products or services you might like based on your activity on our web sites. For example, if we see you’re interested in any particular service, we may send you information about other similar services that we think you might like.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
We have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the nature of the Service we provide. In short, it’s necessary for us to do these things in order to make the Service relevant, interesting and personal to you, and it’s in both of our interests for us to do that.
We also have a legitimate interest to improve Studio35, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users. We both benefit when we use your information to:
- Suggest other products / services (For example, if you subscribe to our newsletter, we may suggest other services or newsletters that you might like.
- Conduct analytics on who is using Studio35 and what they are doing. For example, by logging how often people attend different events or when they read our newsletters
- Improve Studio35 and offer new features.
- Send you updates (such as when new services or blogs happens on the Studio35 website) and news by email or push notification via our app, depending on your settings. For example, we send regular updates that include topics you may like. You can decide to stop getting these notifications by updating your settings .
In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent in order to:
- Send you marketing materials by email, text or push notification, depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
Transferring your information:
By using Studio35, you authorise us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
Choices you have about your info:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Studio35 subscription, you can:
- Unsubscribe at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your contact data from our permissible databases.
You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access our web site. For example:
- The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your location, photos, advertising identifiers and other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
How and when we share information:
We may share your information with:
- Online advertisers and third party companies that we or they use to audit or improve the delivery and performance of ads or content on websites and apps (for example, through Google Analytics). This includes what web pages, newsletters or blogs you have read and how you engaged with those pages, newsletter or blogs on Studio35.
- Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Studio35; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Our wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a potential purchaser).
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Studio35 to you and fulfil the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalise it so that we can't identify you.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you're an EEA user, you can:
- Access the information we hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you ask us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account, such as when your membership becomes payable/ renewable or if you visit one of our articles or blogs. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organisation, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
How we make changes to this policy:
- The best way to get in touch is through the web site.
- You can contact Studio35 at Suite 4, Philpot House, Rayleigh, Essex SS6 7HH
Effective May 1, 2018.